Good Morning! Here’s your Saturday Food Truck Events…
The Fair at St. Raphael
Last night I swung by The Fair at St. Raphael and I was amazed to see all the food trucks here. The number of trucks was close to one of the smaller food truck rodeos (i.e. Wake Forest and Cary). Saturday is the last day for the fair and details on the event can be found here.
The trucks scheduled for Saturday are: Backyard Bistro, Baton Rouge Cuisine, Belgian Waffology, Chai’s Global Street Food, Iced Cupcakes, Jay’s Italian Ice, NY Hot Dogs, Sarge’s Chef on Wheels, Tacos Campa, Tarheel Creamery, and Timeout Grill.
Located: 5801 Falls of Neuse, Raleigh (1 to 11pm)
45,000 Wolfpack fans will be on Hillsborough Street for NC State’s annual street festival. There will be music, headlined by local American Idol Scotty McCreery, activities, and food trucks. Food trucks scheduled are: Hibachi Xpress, Tailgater Toby, and Virgil’s Jamaican. The event is free and details can be found here.
Located: Hillsborough Street, Raleigh
Cary annually puts together an arts festival that attracts 50,000 people to its Downtown area. The town is asking that people park at its parking deck and use the shuttle to get to the event location. More details on the event can be found here.
Food trucks scheduled are Chirba Chirba, Green Olive Deli, and Sweetwater Ices
Parking located: 121 Wilkinson Ave, Cary
Oakboro Park / Falls River Rodeo
Thanks to Triangle Explorer for giving me the heads up on the full line-up. This park is hard to find, but the best address I got was: 1801 Falls River Ave, Raleigh. The rodeo will go on from 4-7pm.
Food Truck Line-up: D’Burritos, Barone Meatball, Gussy Greek Street Food, Big John’s Wings & Things, Sweet Traditions Cupcakes, and JAM Ice Cream
What seems to be a regular event is a rodeo across from the Pittsboro Roadhouse. I enjoy this rodeo, because it’s pretty laid back, very easy to get to (just go west on US 64), and the town of Pittsboro rocks.
Food Trucks announced: American Meltdown, All American, Bandido’s Mexican Cafe, Halal Bros, Little Dipper’s Italian Ice, Philly’s Cheesesteak, and Sympathy For the Deli.
Located: 39 West Street, Pittsboro
Saturdays at Saxapahaw
Porchetta will be here.
- Plantation Point: Red Eye BBQ
- Carrboro: Parlez-Vous Crepes
- Durham Central Park / Hunt Street Art Market: Pie Pushers, Chirba Chirba, Caffe Bellezza, Porchetta
- Mordecai Market (once a month): Manna
- North Hills: American Meltdown
- Rebus Works: Barone Meatball
Trucks and Brew
- Beer Durham:
- Big Boss (Raleigh):
- Bomshell (Holly Springs): Sol Tacos
- Brue Print (Apex): Patrick Jane’s
- Deep River (Clayton):
- Draft Line (Fuquay Varina): Olio and Aceto and Bulkogi
- Fortnight (Cary): Bang Bang Banh Mi
- Fullsteam (Durham): Captain Ponchos
- Gizmo (Raleigh): Bo’s Kitchen
- House of Hops: Baguettaboutit
- Lone Rider (Raleigh): BamPowChow (2nd night out, had a surprise showing Friday)
- Steel String (Carrboro):
- Sub Noir (Raleigh): Hanu
- White Street (Wake Forest):